Thursday, January 14, 2010

story of my life!

In a brief conversation, a man asked a woman he was pursuing the question:



"What kind of man are you looking for?"


She sat quietly for a moment
before looking him in the eye and asking,

'Do you really want to know?'

Reluctantly, he said, 'Yes'.

She began to expound, "As a woman,
in this day and age, I am in a position
to ask a man what can you do for me
that I can't do for myself?

I pay my own bills. I take care of my
household without the help of any
man... or woman for that matter.

I
am in the position to ask, 'What can you bring to the table?'

The man
looked at her. Clearly, he thought that she was referring to money.

She
quickly corrected his thought and stated, "I am not referring to money.
I
need something more. I need a man who is striving for excellence in every
aspect of life."

He sat back in his chair, folded his arms, and
asked her to explain.

She said, 'I need someone who is striving for
excellence mentally because I
need conversation and mental stimulation. I
don't need a simple-minded man.

I need someone who is striving for
excellence spiritually because I don't
need to be unequally
yoked
...believers mixed with unbelievers is a recipe
for disaster.

I
need a man who is striving for excellence financially because I don't need
a
financial burden.

I need someone who is sensitive enough to understand
what I go through as a
woman, but STRONG enough to keep me grounded.

I need someone who has integrity in dealing with relationships. Lies
and
game-playing are not my idea of a strong man.

I need a man who
is [family-oriented]. One who can be the leader, priest and
provider to the
lives entrusted to him by God.

I need someone whom I can respect. In
order to be submissive, I must
respect him.

I cannot be submissive
to a man who isn't taking care of his business. I
have no problem being
submissive...he just has to be worthy.

And by the way, I am not looking
for him...

He will find me.

He will recognize himself in me. He
may not be able to explain the connection, but

he will always be drawn
to me. God made woman to be a help-mate for man. I

can't help a man if
he can't help himself.


When she finished her spiel, she looked at
him.

He sat there with a puzzled look on his face.

He said, "You
are asking alot."

She replied, "I'm worth a lot".



"The
closer we walk with God, the clearer we see His guidance".

jacked from: ..as for Amy..

http://asforamy.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. ...Didn't you just love this? How's my girl and the current situation?

    Thanks for the shout-out!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Time and Date

Search This Blog

Who had tha best performance at tha Grammys??

oh you looking?

What U Know About This..

My photo
I suck at these "about me" sections..and its kinda hard for me to describe myself when i'm still tryna figure out who i am.I do know that I'm a 20 years old college student who is more mature than some girls my age but I like doin childish things like skating,go carts,put put golf,bowling,etc.I'm real creative [dont judge me by my blog,I'm still workin on it.lol]I'm goin to school for Fashion Merchandising :)umm..like I said I'm not good with this so if you wanna know anything just ask me!

My Ride or Die Followers

ask me..i'll answer.promise :)

&&i be on it

i love bright colors, eatin, lil wayne, markers, fashion, braclets, family, my life, drizzy drake, concerts, crablegz, bowlin, movies, piercings, shoppin, smilin, boys, clothes, the smell of black&milds, laser tag, mascara, dressin up, cakin, writin letters, jumpropin, football, true friends, my cd player in my car, shoes, takin pictures, cuddling, colorin, textin, hugs, kisses, nike dunks, my cell phone, tigger, rollercoasters, gum, teddy bears,candles, michael vick, panthers football, cookouts, romantic stuff, my freakin self!

Follow Me Babez

    follow me on Twitter

    charlotte

    charlotte
    i miss my city!!!! :(

    coco

    Polaroid Graphics, Polaroid Myspace Graphics

    obama

    obama
    my president is black

    Wale

    Wale

    drake and nikki

    drake and nikki

    snoop dogg

    snoop dogg
    idk about yall,but Snoop looks GOOD to me!!

    rihanna

    rihanna

    Young Money

    Young Money

    my favorite movie!

    my favorite movie!

    bitch .

    bitch .

    whore

    whore